We are excited to announce this collaborative project between Wally’s Lights and Scott Hanson.
The WB48 is a BBB cape controller based off of the FPP software. With 12 RJ45 ports this controller is capable of controlling over 40,000 pixels over 48 Ports. This is A 5V only board. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO APPLY 12V TO THIS BOARD. Connect up to 12 Universal Differential Receivers for 4 remote ports at each location. You can run up to 800 Pixels per port at 40fps and up to 1400 pixels per port at 20fps.
12 RJ45 Remote Ports
Connect up to 12 Universal remote receivers for a total of 48 Remote ports
1 Test button
Reverse Polarity Protection
Recommended to have basic FPP knowledge. This kit is meant as a beginner kit to get you started in the world of pixels.
This kit includes everything you need to get a simple and easy light show setup going. Included free is an SD card with FPP 5.5 preloaded. When you plug in the kit it takes about 5 steps to get it connected to your network and synced to your location and time. The Falcon Christmas Forums are a great resource for learning everything about Falcon Pi Player. Sequence your own sequences by using the xLights Software.
1 - WB48 Controller Board
1 - OLED screen
1 - BeagleBone Black Rev C
1 - 16GB Micro SD card FPP v5.5 Installed (included in the Controller Bag)
Optional Add on:
1) Attach the Oled 4 pin display to the 4 female pins on the controller board
2) Mount the BBB on the bottom side of the controller board
3) Ensure the switch on the left side has the correct voltage selected
4) Connect power wires to the power input terminals on the board
5) Ensure xlights is closed
6) If you don’t have the latest version of xlights add this file to your xlights > Controllers Folder
7) Open xlights - Add ethernet controller (Vendor Wally's Lights - Controller WB48)
The changes to FPP 6
These boards will always work with FPP 5.5 and below.
Starting with FPP 6 you will need a license key to unlock the full capabilities of FPP. It is your choice if you believe you need FPP 6 or above.
Here is a brief summary of the upcoming changes to FPP:
All Orders prior to July 31, 2022 will be grandfathered into FPP 6 as referenced on the FPP page. Wally's Lights will make a donation to the FPP developers for all sales before July 31, 2022.
After July 31, 2022 you may purchase a license key here to unlock FPP 6 features..
Here is the official announcement from the Falcon shop website that this board falls under.
- Capes manufactured by Wally's Lights must have a license key applied to support more than 50 pixels per output and to enable Smart Receiver functionality. 3rd party BeagleBone/PocketBeagle capes which were previously purchased or purchased during the FPP v6 transition period will be granted a free license key voucher to allow those capes to continue to operate with full functionality. This transition period will extend through July 31, 2022. 3rd party BeagleBone/PocketBeagle capes purchased after this transition period will require the purchase of a license key.
- If you own a WB1616 , you will need to email some form of proof of purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a voucher for a free license key. The purchase must have been made on or prior to July 31, 2022 in order to receive a voucher. Voucher requests may be sent in starting on May 27, 2022. You will have until the end of 2022 to actually request a voucher.